- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 T water
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 C pure pumpkin
- ½ C grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 T butter
- ¼ c. sage leaves
- ¼ c. walnuts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cover butternut squash and water in a bowl; microwave 5 minutes until tender and drain.
- Stack 8 sheets of phyllo dough on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, spraying olive oil cooking spray between each layer. Note: you can also brush with olive oil and a pastry brush instead of cooking spray.
- Mix pumpkin, Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; spread on phyllo, leaving space for a 2-inch border.
- Top with squash, melted butter, torn sage leaves, and chopped walnuts.
- Fold edges in and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Credit: Good Housekeeping